At Averte, we believe there is no “one size fits all” approach to mental health treatment. Just as we are all unique and individuals, so must be our approach to your care. Our program is designed to allow for a large degree of customization within an existing framework. Upon admission, we conduct a thorough assessment used to plan a collaborative treatment plan, integrating clinical and residential care.
It’s important we understand the goals, treatment preferences and expectations of each individual as well as their supports. We’ve provided a framework below for different treatment approaches and timelines, but it is important to note that these are fluid and goals can change throughout treatment. It’s important that all parties communicate about questions, concerns, and progress through the program.
Each of our residents has their own personal space, be it an individual bedroom, on campus condo, apartment, or cottage, or a home in the community, and placement may be fluid during one’s time in the program. Regardless of the treatment approach, location or timeline, the following services are available as part of one’s treatment at Averte:
- Psychiatry appointments for medication optimization and management, at a schedule determined collaboratively by the client, treatment team, and psychiatrist.
- Comprehensive assessment and individualized treatment planning
- Individual therapy
- Supportive counseling
- Individual sessions with Skills Specialists
- Group therapy
- Volunteer opportunities
- Individual and group vocational support, including access to the IPS Supported Employment Program at Dartmouth as appropriate
- Community outings, on-campus activities, and structured residential groups
- Physical wellness opportunities – onsite pool, indoor tennis/basketball/pickleball court, gym, hiking trail, and upon individual request, trips to a local gym
- Life skills supports including ADLs, cooking, financial and home-care skills
- Family involvement as recommended by clinical team
- Housekeeping services
- 3 meals daily plus a snack, access to a kitchen for independent meal/snack prep
- And more!